Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The thing I like about pregnancy is...our baby. So far, that's pretty much it.

You have ups and downs in pregnancy, good days and bad days. This is common.

In the beginning, I felt gigantic, and tired, and had many things to complain about with few things to celebrate. But lately that’s been a little bit different. I still have many things to complain about, like the chronic back pain I’ve so graciously grown to accept, or the fact that I’m pretty sure I’ve developed diastasis recti (aka my abs are separating - also not helping the back pain) and sleeping still equals hate. But through all this complaining I have my Mr. Wiggles. I love him, and he reminds me almost every hour that there is good reason for this temporary suffering I’m experiencing. I suspect that it might be hard to understand if you’ve never carried a baby in your belly oven, but aside from being super uncomfortable most of the time, it’s probably one of the coolest feelings in the world. It’s also important to note that pregnant people are pretty much the coolest people you’ll meet - so go make friends with one. Anyway, what I am implying is that feeling Little Mr. Wiggles has somehow made me waaaaay more interesting… which…makes me feel cooler. So even though growing a baby has been pretty hard on my body, it’s been super great for my ego.

Also, I have started to develop a relationship with my little wiggler. Sounds silly, I know, he’s in there all squished and tiny and naive, and I’m out here all grown up and wise and free, but we still play together every day. Other cool facts, he’s ticklish. That’s right, I can tickle my baby from outside the womb (how much cooler am I now?) And, he loves the sound of my voice… I can tell because he high five’s me when I say hi to him every morning. Ya, my 1.6lbs baby gives high fives… it’s a whole new level of awesome.

I dream of the day when he finally gets out here and we can meet him and tickle him in person and high five his teeny wrinkled hand. But that’s three months away…soooooooo many months from now. Its borderline torture really.

Anyway, I wanted you to know that it ain’t all bad. I still don’t have a top ten list of why being pregnant is super duper awesome and the best thing in life… but this is a start. And being in love with a tiny little person who you can’t even see must count for something right?

So I’m getting there… the list of pregnancy positives is coming…slower than anticipated...but its coming.

T.

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I'm not sure the best things about pregnancy are yet to come.... In fact, it's quite possible the worst parts are ahead. Are you mad at me for saying that? ;) But, the good news is, the love of the tiny little person will only multiply by a gazillion.

    Jen =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this exciting development in your lives! There'll be plenty of ups and downs post-birth too; however, the moment you see your precious baby is a moment you will never forget as long as you both shall live.

    Wishing you exponentially more ups than downs!

    ReplyDelete