Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pregnancy Milestone: Stretch Marks. Ugh.

It’s happened. My first stretch mark. I can’t say I’m surprised about it. I still have the markings of when puberty hit with a vengeance about 15 years ago and I rapidly developed boobs and hips and thighs. No butt though… that never really came in quite as I had planned it. Pregnancy, however, seems to have helped fill in that area nicely, that might be the best part of my scientific body project thus far. I have a butt.

So ya, stretch mark, right on my boob. Again – should we all be surprised about this? No. I went from a C to a DD in a week remember? My skin was bound to pop as some point. So far, I’m feeling ok about this one little snake like creature that has found its way to my northern lady region. Maybe I am ok with this because I dealt with this in my teenage years, or maybe I’m defeated by all the other changes, or maybe I am coming to terms with the fact that I am going to be a mom and life won’t be all about me anymore. Who knows? What I do know is that this one little red line will one day turn white and it will never tan again (not that I’ve ever purposely tanned my under boob). Op, there it is - the fact that this nasty little red scar is in an area that next to no one will ever see is why it is seemingly easier to deal with compared to all the other new changes (i.e.: my top 10 list). With that said, when one of these pops out of my belly – I’ll surely be singing a different tune! Let’s be serious, the fact that I am becoming a mom will never change the fact that some things will surely still be about me – like my birthday week for example. That’s not changing. Actually – once I become a mom it will become birthday month. Husband – prepare yourself.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment